What You Will Be Doing Day To Day
• Design, from concept to Production, and Development of new products and updates to existing range
• Analysing and reporting to the team on key looks, textile development, trends, processes and new technologies
• Gathering internal and external information to drive product and range development for the target customer
• Putting together Technical Documentation Packs for suppliers
• Working with the Design Team to evolve the range to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the customer
• Identifying new product and product improvements
• Establish a close relationship with key partners and with the Purchasing and Product team to ensure suppliers have the relevant information
• Regularly visit factories and international trade shows to help source new fabrics, trims and suppliers and ensure smooth production process
• Meet with Production for reviews, input and feedback.
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Experience Designing Sports/Active wear - Knowledge of fabrics/construction and suppliers
• Excellent communication skills
• Competency in sketching, and skilled in key design software including some 3D experience
• Practical sewing and pattern making skills to create early simple prototypes
• Structured “concept validation” and comprehensive product testing experience
• Ability to create clear and detailed garment tech documents and work closely with our overseas suppliers
• Confident in presenting
• Supplier and factory experience
• Ability to work under pressure and in a time critical environment to development deadlines
• Self-focused and motivated
• Team player
• Open and can do attitude
• Strong team player, who relates well to others
• Excellent organisation skills and data management
• Willing to take responsibility for decisions
• Ability to set priorities and achieve deadlines
• Ability to understand and deliver a brief in a concise manner
There are lots of reasons to work for Spinlock, you’ll meet some great people, progress on your career development and be rewarded for your contribution to our success. We are a small friendly team located in a great place to work. A certain type of person works for Spinlock, one who strives to be the best they can be and help drive innovation, quality and customer service, through team work.
A competitive salary with benefits is available depending on experience.
Interested? Please send your CV and portfolio details with covering letter (include salary expectations) to email@example.com.