Vacancy : Designer, Wearable Products
Spinlock is an innovative multi-award winning global company with the enviable reputation as the design leader in technical wearable equipment for the marine industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a wide-ranging role as a lead product designer focusing on the progression of the Spinlock ‘Active Safety’ range. With a focus on innovation and technical soft goods design. We need a hands-on designer, experienced in complex constructions and materials with a strong eye for product aesthetics. Practical skills to develop early prototype samples, and experience of working directly with external suppliers are also key.
You will be working as part of a small team under the direction of the Design Manager and Product Manager. The Design Team is based at our unique head office in Cowes, in an enviable position overlooking the Solent and will require regular overseas travel. The Island is renowned for its watersports, beaches, countryside and good transport links make easy access to the south coast.
Learn more about life at Spinlock here.
Experience and Skills
• Experience of technical soft goods development with a good knowledge of construction, materials, processes and new technologies, supported with a strong eye for product aesthetics.
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to communicate effectively both internally and with external suppliers.
• Competency in sketching, and skilled in key design software including some 3D experience
• Practical sewing and pattern making skills to create early simple prototypes
• Structured “concept validation” and comprehensive product testing experience
• A focused “can do” attitude is important to achieve our goals and targets on time within our creative team
• Ability to create clear and detailed garment tech packs and work closely with our overseas suppliers.
• You will be required to visit factories and international trade shows to help source new fabrics, trims and suppliers and ensure smooth production process.
Salary and Benefits
a competitive salary is available depending on experience. For full benefits please request Job Pack.
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
A full Job Pack is available, please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted applications should be sent to Careers, Spinlock Limited, 41 Birmingham Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight PO31 7BH.